Troubleshooting > MySQL and Database
My MySQL Server will not start?
The most common problem with MySQL Server not starting is another mysql service running on the same port. I may also be a mysql process started by MAMP PRO previously did not shut down properly when you quit MAMP PRO. To check this do the following.
- Quit MAMP PRO.
- Open the Activity Monitor located in your /Applications/Utilities folder.
- In the View menu, check “All Processes”.
- Type “mysqld” into the search field on the top right.
- Quit every process you find after your search.
- Restart MAMP PRO.
- If MySQL still refuses to start check the log file for error messages.