Upgrading from version 6.x to version 6.x
Note: Updates within a major version are always free for license holders.
- Download MAMP PRO from www.mamp.info.
- Double click on the “MAMP_MAMP_PRO_6.xx.pkg” file in your “Downloads” folder to start the installation process.
- The installer will rename your existing “/Applications/MAMP” to “/Applications/MAMP_current_date”. This folder can later be deleted. You may however keep it, so you can fall back to your original setup.
- Your existing “htdocs” folder will be moved to your new “/Applications/MAMP” folder.
If there has been a change to the configuration of Apache, PHP, or MySQL (a directive was modified or a new one added) between versions of MAMP PRO and you have already made changes to your current configuration (resulting in the creation of a template file in “~/Library/application support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/templates”), MAMP PRO will ask you to save off your old templates when you upgrade.
Save your template files. You can use these saved template files as a guide of your previous modifications. New (re)modifications need to be made through the MAMP PRO interface (File > Edit Templates), just as you had done previously in MAMP PRO.
- Confirm that all data has been transferred correctly before starting MAMP PRO.
- Your “/Applications/MAMP_current_date” folder can now be deleted. You may however keep it, so you can fall back to your original setup.