Upgrading from version 6.x to version 6.x
Note: Updates within a major release are always free for license holders.
- Download MAMP PRO from www.mamp.info.
- Double click on the file “MAMP_MAMP_PRO_6.xx.pkg” in your “Downloads” folder to start the installation process.
- The installer will rename your existing “/Applications/MAMP” to “/Applications/MAMP_current_date”. You can delete this folder later. However, you may want to keep it so that you can revert to your original setup.
- Your existing “htdocs” folder will be moved to your new “/Applications/MAMP” folder.
If there has been a change in the configuration of Apache, PHP or MySQL (a directive has changed or a new one has been added) between versions of MAMP PRO, and you have already made changes to your current configuration (resulting in the creation of a template file in “~/Library/application support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/templates”), MAMP PRO will prompt you to save your old templates when you upgrade.
Save your template files. You can use these saved template files as a guide to your previous modifications. New (re)modifications must be made through the MAMP PRO interface (File > Edit Templates), just as you did previously in MAMP PRO.
- Confirm that all data has been transferred correctly before starting MAMP PRO.
- Your “/Applications/MAMP_current_date” folder can now be deleted. You can keep it if you want to go back to your original setup.
Backup It is always a good idea to back up your host settings files and databases. You can do this using the “File > Backup…” option.
Your host settings will not be affected by upgrading to MAMP PRO.
Your database files are located in /Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/db/mysql. Your database files are not affected when you upgrade MAMP PRO.