MAMP PRO 4.x to 6.x Upgrade
- Download MAMP PRO from www.mamp.info.
- Double click on the “MAMP_MAMP_PRO_6.xx.pkg” file in your “Downloads” folder to start the installation process.
- The installer will rename your existing “/Applications/MAMP” to “/Applications/MAMP_current_date”. This folder can later be deleted. You may however keep it, so you can fall back to your original setup.
- Your existing “htdocs” folder will be moved to your new “/Applications/MAMP” folder.
If you have used MySQL 5.6 (most likely scenario), the installation will inform you that your MySQL databases have been copied to another folder (to “/Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/db/mysql57”). Your old data will be preserved intact in “/Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/db/mysql56”. You have to update the databases to MySQL 5.7 the first time you start MAMP PRO. You can do this easily via the menu item “Tools > Upgrade MySQL databases”.
- Confirm that all data has been transferred correctly before starting MAMP PRO.
- Your “/Applications/MAMP_current_date” folder can now be deleted. You may however keep it, so you can fall back to your original setup.
When you open MAMP PRO and start your servers for the first time you will be prompted to upgrade your database data to MySQL 5.7. Click “OK” to proceed with the database upgrade.
Click on “Upgrade” to upgrade your databases to 5.7.
You may have created http/https hosts using MAMP PRO 4. In MAMP PRO 4 this was done by creating two hosts with the same host name, using the same document root. In MAMP PRO 6 a series of digits will be appended to the second host.
Your SSL tab has more information about http/https hosts.