MAMP PRO 4.x to 6.x Upgrade
- Download MAMP PRO from www.mamp.info.
- Double-click the “MAMP_MAMP_PRO_6.xx.pkg” file in your “Downloads” folder to start the installation process.
- The installer will rename your existing “/Applications/MAMP” to “/Applications/MAMP_current_date”. You can delete this folder later. However, you may want to keep it so that you can revert to your original setup.
- Your existing “htdocs” folder will be moved to your new “/Applications/MAMP” folder.
If you were using MySQL 5.6 (most likely scenario), the installer will inform you that your MySQL databases have been copied to another folder (to “/Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/db/mysql57”). Your old data will be kept intact in “/Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/db/mysql56”. You will need to update the databases to MySQL 5.7 the first time you start MAMP PRO. You can easily do this using the menu item “Tools > Upgrade MySQL databases”.
- Confirm that all data has been transferred correctly before starting MAMP PRO.
- Your /Applications/MAMP_current_date folder can now be deleted. You can keep it if you want to go back to your original setup.
When you open MAMP PRO and start your servers for the first time you will be prompted to upgrade your database data to MySQL 5.7. Click “OK” to proceed with the database upgrade.
Click on “Upgrade” to upgrade your databases to 5.7.
You may have created http/https hosts with MAMP PRO 4. In MAMP PRO 4, this was done by creating two hosts with the same host name using the same document root. In MAMP PRO 6, a series of digits is appended to the second host.
Your SSL tab has more information about http/https hosts.