FAQ > MySQL
How do I connect to MySQL with Sequel Pro?
Sequel Pro is a macOS application that helps you to administer MySQL databases. Sequel Pro can be started directly from MAMP PRO. Proceed as follows:
- Install Sequel Pro. (You can download it here.)
- Start MAMP PRO.
- Start the servers.
- Click on the entry “MySQL” in the sidebar.
- Now click on “Sequel Pro” in the “Administer MySQL with” area.
Of course you can also start Sequel Pro directly at any time.
To establish a connection to the MySQL server of MAMP PRO proceed as follows:
- Start Sequel Pro.
- Select the connection type “Socket”.
Enter the following connection details:
This is the host name. The default host is “localhost”.
This is your MySQL user name. Your MySQL user name will be “root” if you have not changed the default user name setup in MAMP PRO.
This is your MySQL password. Your MySQL password will be “root” if you have not changed the default password setup in MAMP PRO.
- Click on the Connect button.
Now you can use the “Choose Database” field in the upper left corner to select the desired database, and so on.